Woo hoo it's Friday! The weekend is finally here, but you know what else?? It's Ask Away Friday again! If you haven't already met some of the awesome people who participate in this from week to week, please take a minute to click through some of the links down there. I mean it when I tell you there are some HIL-arious, extremely kind and talented individuals in that crowd.
What's better? I met another extremely cool chick recently and I get to introduce you all to her!
Her name is Val and she blogs over at Chicken Scratch about her deep love of her family, creative ventures, and yoga pants. Actually, it was her Ode to Yoga Pants that brought me to her site where I instantly fell in love with the comfy, cute, colorful design and then laughed out loud while checking out some of her signature yoga move (spoiler: one of them involved drinking a beer. Love it!)
I know you're going to love her, so please- check out what she asked me below and then high tail it over to her blog to get to get to know her!
1. What is your favorite craft/art medium?
I really love working with fabric lately. I love the patterns and versatility. Burlap too. Anything with a ton of color and texture to it I just loooove to play with. I am actually itching to get up to my studio (I say up because it's in the attic,) fire up the glue gun and attack this old fall wreath I just found. It needs a major makeover:
2. What app are you most addicted to?
Facebook. It's definitely the most clicked app. I keep in touch with friends from high school, family, sometimes even my parents know more about my day because of it! I also love the photo editing app, Pixlr Express. I rarely post a photo without adding a filter these days. I just really enjoy doing it and love the way it can transform some simple images. Plus, you may have noticed that I like to make things fancy. I'm obsessed with aesthetics.
3. What is a current trend that you love? and one that you hate?
I am totally not up on trends, at least not up to the minute...or maybe even year, but I will say that I love long dresses, knee high leather boots, scarves, big earrings, leggings, lacy tops, and bangley bracelets. I hate skinny jeans. Only because they're not so flattering on me. I feel like they make me look like a pear on popsicle sticks. I love a good flare leg to balance things out a bit.
4. Coke or Pepsi?
I think my immediate response is Coke because I like the image of Coke (the Christmas commercials, the vintage bottles...I know I'm a commercialism sucker.) I will drink either one though. Neither one tastes so dramatically different to me.
5. How do you feel about yoga pants? :-)
LOL. I love yoga pants and just sweatpants in general! I would love for an oversized hoodie and some yoga pants to be socially acceptable day to day attire.
6. What are 3 things that you have to smile about today?
The first thing I genuinely was grinning from ear to ear about was that this morning I fit in to a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans that I didn't fit in to last week. I am busting my ass doing a 30 day cleanse that can result in dramatic weight and inches lost and so far I feel great and it's going really well! I have to smile about my Halloween decorations going up outside reasonably early (for me,) and some peppermint tea on the porch while enjoying them.
7. Do you sing, think, or just totally zone out in the shower?
I think and zone out. It depends on the day, but there's never organization to my thoughts. Growing up I used to bring the ol' boom box in to the bathroom with me and bump some Backstreet Boys while in the shower. I was a lot more inclined to sing along then, now I am usually listening for screaming or crying, so it would be hard to jam out.
8. Would you rather live without music or live without tv?
TV. I am actually totally sick of TV, but I really miss music in my life. I had the luxury of listening to my music on the way to and from work, but since I've been on maternity leave I spend a lot less time in my car, and when I do I'm in John's car where he listens to some AM sports station (I know, cringe) or the kids are in the car and Violet inevitably asks for her music: the melodious sounds of Elmo. On the rare occasion where I'm in the car by myself, I turn the volume up, put the windows down and blast music like a teenager. I'm actually on a mission lately to bring music back in to my life. I had forgotten how happy it makes me to hear a really good song. In fact, (shameless plug) myself and 3 of my friends are working on starting a blog hop revolving around a song of the week (of your choosing) that relates to a designated theme. We choose the theme, you choose the song, tell us a little story about how it fits the theme and then link up to see what other people chose (at least that's the rough idea so far. It's still in the planning phases) Be on the look out for our button!
9. What is the best gift you have ever received?Hmm...My family is a gift, let me just acknowledge that before I go ahead and say it was some material thing and sound like a superficial B. That being said, my mom makes me these photo books for every year of Violet's life and gives them to me around her (Violet's) birthday. She takes the pictures from my Facebook or ones I text her and saves them all year long, then chronologically organizes them, adds captions and makes me cry when she finally gives it to me. This year's book was 100 pages!! I am so grateful that she does this because I rarely print pics out anymore, so it's nice to have a tangible way to look at them. She recently got my current favorite picture of Violet and Ruby blown up and put on a canvas for me. It is just so beautiful and special, I will always cherish it and the moment it captures.
10. What are you irrationally afraid of?Tornados! I don't know why. It's not like I have much of a chance to be affected by them here in Jersey, but I've always had very detailed, very scary dreams about them. I am slightly fascinated by them though. I went to see Twister when it was in the movie theater, but had to leave because I was getting panicky.
So those are my answers to Val's awesome questions! Don't forget to stop by her blog to check out how she answered the questions I asked her. While you're at it, stop by and read what some of the other participants have to say and let them know you're reading!