With so much going on in preparation for Christmas (or I should say in preparing to prepare for Christmas...keep reading and you'll understand...) Take a break, put your feet up, grab a bevvy and get to know some of your favorite bloggers a little better for this 19th (!) installment of Ask Away Friday- Friday the 13th style.
This week I'm getting to know Marika from Ambitious Curls! Her blog is full of inspiration and positivity. It is impossible to leave Ambitious Curls without feeling rejuvenated and motivated. Check out my answers to Marika's questions below, then head over to her place to see how she answered mine! This week in honor of Friday the 13th we exchanged questions related to superstition!
1) Do you try to stay at home 13th? Or not to shop? Do you believe in it?
I don't really believe that Friday the 13th is more unlucky than any other day and I've never had a particularly bad day on Friday the 13th either. I kind of feel like, if you start the day expecting it to be bad, then it will be- negative energy and all that.
2) My aunt hates black cats. She says she always has a bad day when she sees one. Is there any superstitious thing that you may encounter that makes you feel you'll be unlucky that day? I don't truly think that anything like a black cat or umbrella being opened inside will cause something bad or unlucky to happen, but I still try to avoid those things out of habit. I won't walk under a ladder, and though I've done it, I tend to cringe in the umbrella situation. Same with broken mirrors. One thing I always do religiously though, is knock on wood. I do believe that you can jinx something, but it all come back to energy again. The more you think about how much you don't want something to happen, the more likely that it will.
3) Which would you not watch alone at night: Freddy Krueger, Jason or Chucky?
I am such a wuss when it comes to horror movies, much to the dismay of my husband who loves them.
4) I loved reading "Goosebumps" by R. L Stine as a child. Did you read any horror novels, if you did share you're favorite?Oh man, I looooove RL Stein and Christopher Pike books! I remember reading Silent Night Deadly Night around this time of year back in middle school. I also loved LJ Smith. I read The Vampire Diaries and the Secret Circle books back in the 90s before they become big again more recently (and I'm a huge fan of The Vampire Diaries series on The CW too. It's addicting.)
5) In October, I did an Urban Legend Series post (http://www.ambitiouscurls.
com/search/label/urban% 20legends) . Which urban legend scares you the most? I remember hearing stories of cars driving down the street with their headlights off. If you flashed your highbeams at them to warn them, they would come after you. The thought of something like that still kinda freaks me out. I used to be terrified of Bloody Mary too. So much so that I wouldn't look in a mirror in the dark (or go anywhere near one...) When I was about 9 myself and my sister Kelly went in to the bathroom to do Bloody Mary (she was 7 at the time.) My parents thought it would be funny to bang on the bathroom door, then hold it closed so we couldn't get out. Needless to say, we freaked and we were (my sister especially) scarred for life. ;)
6) If you're home alone late at night and the power went out, what would you do?I would probably light a bunch of candles and then curl up on the coach with my Ipad to read a book.
7) Because it's , what's you've favorite activity?I am usually beat on Friday night. With the two girls, date nights are rare, but we do like going out to dinner with the family on Friday nights. I also love casual Friday and the bagel breakfast we do every Friday at work.
8) What's your song?I don't have a specific Friday song, but I will tell you that last night I was on my way to meet some long time friends for dinner and wanted some music I could dance to while driving. I like all kinds of music, but when I was in college and we were getting ready to go out, we would always put on some Ludacris and dance around. Every once in a while I get obsessed with the "Luda" station on Pandora. When I heard this jam last night I was like- "Whaaaaaaaaat!?"
9) What plans do you have for your kids this weekend?Not much planned for Saturday. It's supposed to snow, so we'll probably relax and have a lazy day, maybe play in the snow. Sunday my parents are taking Violet on The Polar Express train while John and I take Ruby along to go Christmas shopping...
10) And lastly, the killer question, have you finished with your holiday shopping?Speaking of holiday shopping!! NO. No I haven't. In fact, I haven't started it. We do a lot of online shopping, but we're pretty late this year. Whatever we don't get tomorrow we'll probably order online tomorrow night. I'm a major procrastinator.
So that's that! I hope you enjoyed our Friday the 13th themed questions! Don't forget to stop by The Real Housewives of Caroline County to check out the rest of the Ask Away Friday participants and make sure you swing by Ambitious Curls to check out what I asked Marika and her fabulous answers. Have a great weekend!